The FTB Podcast is growing.
Montreal-based media collective Forget the Box produces a current events discussion podcast twice a month with panelists from our site and the Montreal community and field reports on our discussion topics.
In our new season, we’re migrating to a live audio format with a multi-camera video version available 2-3 days later. Our goal is to turn it into a fully live web video production. We also hope to build an audience on YouTube (most of our audience to date is through Facebook Video and our various audio channels).
To make this happen, our three-person team is looking for a Production Assistant to join us.
Regular responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a shared doc or spreadsheet with a rundown of the upcoming show’s topics, guest panelists and reports and ensuring all components are present (topics may change based on breaking news)
- Contacting confirmed panelists with details about the recording
- Being present at recordings (every second Sunday evening downtown) and ready to assist our audio and video producers
- Posting complete podcast episodes to iTunes as well as embeds on our parent site ForgetTheBox.net and our newly-launched podcast-specific site ForgetTheBox.tv
- Taking clips from full podcasts and posting them to our YouTube channel as standalone videos
You will also be asked, from time to time, to fill in where needed in other areas and always encouraged to bring your ideas to the team, as you will be part of the team, not an employee.
Forget the Box is a non-profit collective and while our podcast has launched a Patreon campaign for funding, none of us currently get paid and neither will you. This is a volunteer project and one you should get involved in only if you like what we’re doing and think you can contribute.
Knowledge of video editing software, WordPress and Google Docs/Sheets is definitely a plus, but not essential as we can teach.
Please watch some of our previous podcasts at ForgettheBox.tv and then contact Hannah Besseau (email@example.com) and let us know a bit about you and why you want to join the team.